Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Home Sweet Home

So this past weekend was a whirlwind. Went to the movies with a friend and saw the Hunger Games which was pretty good. Stayed up wayyyy too late (4 am) and paid for it on Saturday. Woke up and rode down to Hampton to visit the fam. My mother had been getting on me about seeing everyone. I was supposed to get fitted for the tux for Jason's wedding, but they had to reschedule because everyone was busy.

Even though I live 3 hours away I still wait until going home to get stuff done to the whip (if it's not too major). It's better because the prices are cheaper and I can trust the shops since I've been going there for years. Anyway, one my way home I saw a cousin standing at the bus stop I hadn't seen in years. Gave him a ride home, and on the way to my parents I bumped into one of my uncles. He came by the house and chopped it up a few minutes. I took a much needed nap and woke up when Skylar came waking me up with my mom. That little girl is CRAZY and has way too much personality for a 3 year old lol. Me and Rodney went and visited a homie and then a sister from our old congregation. Next we went bowling with my mom, Christina and 6 little cousins. That was an adventure because those kids are outta control. I miss being around them because they're hilarious. Next ran to Buffalo Wild Wings with a few friends and another set of aunt and uncles and cousins. Afterwards ran down to Hadji's for an impromptu house party. By this time I'm running on fumes but hanging in there. Got to see alot of friends I hadn't seen in a minute.

When most of the people left, the crew stayed and talked about our memories and stories from growing up until 4 am. Talking about all the stuff we did together reminded me how much I miss the fam and how good of a childhood I had. We

The Sunday meeting wasn't until 12 and I was glad. Came home afterwards and slept like a baby. Mom cooked, and me Hadji and Rodney hit the Williamsburg Outlets. From there I made moves back to MD. It was a tiring weekend, but I really enjoyed it all around.

No comments: