Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Needs vs Wants

It seems life is a constant struggle between needs and wants. Like for instance, my car Maxxine is paid off and is running great. I love it. My NEED of a dependable vehicle is filled. But I WANT a Dodge Challenger. I mean look at it, it's pure sex on wheels.
I know I don't need it and won't try to get one unless something drastic happens, but man do I want one. I'm trying to keep my eye simple (Matthew chapter 6) so this is kind of an easy decision.



A harder one is when it comes to dating. I can think of several sisters who are/were interested in me and would probably be a great gf. They're spiritual, independent, cool, etc and could probably fill needs I have (get your mind out the gutter lol) and "make me better" word to Ne-yo and Fabolous. At the same time, I don't get the feeling of WANTING to be with them. I think wanting to be with a person is huge and is the main reason I've waited so long since my last relationship. I don't get this feeling often, and the last few times I've really wanted to be with someone it never jumped off for one reason or another. Now this leads me to a question I'm still trying to answer....is it "settling" if I choose someone who is a good person, has a lot going for them and fills my needs, but that I necessarily don't have a strong desire for? Chemistry is huge and is something that you can't manufacture. So even though I'm getting the feeling of wanting to be with someone I want it to be the right someone. Someone who is good for me and I really want to be with. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

No comments: